Moscato Sweet Chicken and Green Beans

Monday, June 4, 2012



I was playing in the kitchen while drinking a glass of wine when I got inspired. I made a chicken and rice concoction and green beans. I like to be creative and cook with my heart instead of always following a recipe, and that's what I did when I made this. I followed a whim. And I just so happened to be enjoying a glass of Moscato.

Moscato Sweet Chicken
I sautéed a small onion with 5 garlic cloves in EVOO in an oven friendly pan. I removed the onions and garlic once the onions were translucent. Then I slightly browned 4-6 chicken breasts in that same pan.

Mix 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth, 1/4 Moscato, and 2 Tbs dijon mustard. Add it to chicken along with 1/2 cup brown rice. Cover and cook in the oven at 325 for 1 hour, uncovered for the last 10 minutes. Serve with the garlic and sautéed onions on top of te chicken and rice.

Sweet Green Beans
Sauté 1 small onions and 4 garlic gloves in 2 TBS EVOO. Add 1lb fresh green beans and sauté for 5 min. Add 1/4 cup Moscato and simmer for another 5 min.

These dishes don't require salt. I didn't think it was needed, but you are welcome to add to taste.

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino