Semi Romanian Lunch

Sunday, June 24, 2012

In the midst of studying, I was craving some mamaliga (aka corn meal mush, polenta) with feta cheese. So I put down my laptop and started cooking. I made mamaliga with broccoli cole slaw fry. It was yummy.

I started by frying three pieces of bacon. Once done, I removed the bacon and sautéed one onion and 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms. Add a bag of broccoli cole slaw. The bacon grease should be absorbed by this point so add 1 tbs EVOO. Sauté a few minutes.

You can now start on the mamaliga. Follow the directions for corn meal mush. I added 1 tbs of garlic salt too.

Add 1 tbs apple vinegar and 1/2 tsp soy sauce to the broccoli cole claw. Continue cooking on medium heat, stirring often for about 5 min.

I chopped up a tomato and added a little salt as a side. I plated the mamaliga over feta too. Crumble the bacon over the mamaliga. That is my semi Romanian lunch. :)

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino