Raspberry Sheet Cake Goodness

Tuesday, June 5, 2012






It's time for yet another office birthday, plus we had a new employee start this week. I usually bake for both. This time around, I made a Raspberry Sheet Cake. I knew it was good when the birthday came to my office and stated, "This cake is amazing!" God Bless him! Comments like that will keep me baking.

Raspberry Sheet Cake
1 box white cake mix
Sub 1/4 cup applesauce for oil
Sub skim milk for water
1 box raspberry jello
1/4 cup raspberry jam (I made this from scratch a week ago, but you can use store-bought)

So I do things a little differently. I beat the eggs first and then add the milk, applesauce, and raspberry jam. You want it nice and frothy because the cake will be fluffier. Add the cake mix and raspberry jello powder. Then follow the baking instructions on the box.

It's super easy and oh so yummy. The applesauce sub makes it healthier. I use milk instead of water because it adds calcium and it makes it taste richer. Water doesn't add any nutritional value.  Enjoy!

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino