Garlic Oven Fried Chicken

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I love garlic. I think it's part of my Romanian blood to put it in everything I make. So instead of making bland oven fried chicken, I made it my own. Here's what I did.

One thing before I continue, I use cage free, organic eggs. Organic eggs taste better, their yokes are richer in color, and the farms usually are more animal friendly. Cage free is important to me because I support animal rights. I don't want to buy eggs from a farm that mistreats chickens--locking them in cages.

Mince 12 cloves of garlic. Half will go toward an oil mixture, half in the egg. Beat two eggs, with garlic and 1/4 cup of milk.

For the rest of the garlic--in a mortar add 1 tsp of EVOO and small the garlic. Add 1/4 cup EVOO and save for later.

Blend 1/4 of a bag of bread crumbs (I use Panko) with 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. I eyeball it--about 1 tablespoon of each.

Dip drum sticks in egg and coat in bread crumbs. Place in a 13 inch slightly greased pan. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Pour the garlic oil over the chicken after about 30 minutes.

It's one of my favs. This was the first time I made it for John and he seemed to like it.

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino