Romanian Meatballs

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Parjoale

Parjoale (Romanian Meatballs) are a favorite of mine. There are many ways to make them. I even alter the recipe sometime. I've made it my own.  I made this batch last week.


½ lb ground turkey
½ lb beef
2 eggs
1 Cup bread crumbs (or corn meal, I’ve use both)
2 shredded carrots
1 medium onion, finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic finely minced
2 tbs tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
2 tbs caraway seeds
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Mix the meat, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, and seasonings. Heat skillet with 2 tbs of EVOO. Roll meat into small balls. Pan fry until meat is cooked. In the same skillet, add the tomato soup and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 10-15 min on med- low heat.

Variations: I use about one or two teaspoons of Vegeta. By the way, I use Vegeta in almost everything. I normally use bread crumbs. Some people use flour or cornmeal. In the past, I've also used grated radish. You don't have to make the red sauce. You can parjoale plain and dip in mustard. 

Pofta buna (good appetite)! 

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino