My Beef Stew

Monday, October 11, 2010

So I made beef stew tonight. This is my version of stew. I sometimes make it with wine, sometimes with beer, depending on what I have on hand.

Brown stew meat with a medium finely chopped onion and 1 cup of chopped white mushrooms.

Add two cans of beer and 1 cup of water. Add potatoes. I cut the potatoes in bite size pieces.  Also add 2 chopped carrots. Let it all boil for about 15 minutes on medium heat.  Add 28 ounces of diced tomatoes and simmer for about another 30 minutes.  Add 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 4 beef bouillon cubes. Add caraway seeds (to taste), salt, and pepper.  That's pretty much it. Really easy although it takes a little while. It tastes better on day 2.

Smiling Marketress Cooks Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino